Alabaster Acquisition Associates, LLC
Mission Report 013
General Quarters! All hands make ready to cast off! The Omaha is departing the instant this rig is ready to go!
We’ve just received a report that our associate Athena Swift has gone missing in action, after departing for Minos Station to interview the Jolly Rogers.
Our mission is simple: search and rescue. Find Athena, and get her back safely. Anyone who gets in our way is expendable!
AAA LLC. Headquarters
First Rescue Group (A)
Office of the Operations Officer
SUBJECT: Narrative Report of Operations, 1st Rescue Group.
MISSION #013, Codename: Backstage Pass Part 2 (Rank D)
1. Rescue team was awoken in the middle of the night, and departed headquarters after the date flip over on day 156 in The Omaha for Locke’s Labyrinth, in the monopoly belt. They arrived at Locke’s Labyrinth 3 days later without incident.
2. Rescue team began navigating the minefield very slowly and carefully using the surveillance ship’s sensory capabilities and masterful piloting. 2 days into this navigation, rescue team came under attack by pirate vessels (n. 6), and the contingency plan prepared against such even was executed. Rescue team contacted the pirates, and told them a bald faced lie that the rescue team was grateful for the intervention, since they were being boarded by the dreaded Bradley Kharne, who had killed some of the rescue team’s crew. The Omaha opened its hangar to the pirates as the rescue team prepared an ambush near the cargo life on board the vessel. While the pirates were relatively well armored, they fell swiftly under a hail of explosives and bullets from ambush positions. One was allowed to nearly escape, before being ejected from an airlock. The Omaha readily destroyed the two non-boarding vessels with overwhelming firepower. The end result of this battle was all pirates dead, no injuries, and four (4) seized spacecraft.
3. Rescue team reveived mysterious transmission from Athena Swift, indicating the Jolly Rogers’ concert would take place in three (3) days. Rescue team was forced to largely abandon the Omaha and use the captured ships’ superior speed to reach Minos Station in time. Rescue team landed their ships and used stickers indicating not to steal the vessels since they were armed with remote detonation devices to prevent theft.
4. Rescue team gathered intelligence on the location of the Jolly Rogers, and opened an offer to rough up some of the Jolly Roger fanclub, designated “the crew” in exchange for tickets from a local music shop proprietor. Danielle found the crew, got drunk with them, and engaged in various hazing activities. She grafittied the home of the erstwhile ruler of Minos Station, performed an auto-tune assisted rendition of Drunken Sailor, and managed to be accepted into the crew as a deep cover operative. Alden narrowly avoided blowing her cover and secured a ticket by talking.
5. To secure the remaining tickets, rescue team set up an ambush against members of the crew in two parking garages. A vessel’s alarm was rigged and sounded, and shortly afterwards, a group of crew members (n. 4) responded. Kevin initiated the ambush with a fatal headshot to the leader, and Bradley finished it by blowing up the remnants and their vessel. Tickets were secured.
6. Deep cover operative Danielle was compromised by making contact with Athena Swift, and was captured by the Jolly Rogers.
7. Rescue team reconvened to plan the infiltration and rescue mission to take place during the concert on day 165. After setting out general goals, and a plan to get on board the Jolly Rogers’ vessel, improvisation was decided upon as the best course of action.
8. Vivienne and Alden entered the vessel using first class tickets. Ersatz attempted to smuggle his proxy in using a box of autograph books, but was detected, but managed to convince the staging crew to deliver him through assuming the guise of an auto-tune bot.
9. Vivienne gained control of the controls for most of the door locks on the vessel, but could not obtain control for the room where the extraction targets were being held prisoner. Ersatz fomented a riot by DDOS-ing the ticket readers, causing everyone to be rejected at the vessel’s entrance. Using this diversion, the rescue team snuck Bradley aboard the vessel, and infiltrated the now unstaffed armory and removed the ammunition from most of the Jolly Rogers’ security force’s weapons before placing the magazines back in the weapons, making nothing appear amiss. Ersatz stumbled upon the Jolly Rogers themselves, and stalled for time until the rescue team could rendezvous at his position. When the Rogers attempted to call for help, he jammed the signal, which plunged the two groups into an engagement on stage before the entire audience.
10. After an initial assault from the Rogers by “death metal” music, Alden suggested the rescue team play along. This resulted in a nonlethal reframing of the situation. Rescue team then proceeded to engage in a battle of the bands with the Jolly Rogers involving pyrotechnics and stage battles. At the conclusion of the first performance, the Rogers were so impressed, they insisted on the rescue team assisting with their performances for the rest of the show, and agreed to the concession of releasing Danielle to perform alongside them.
11. At the show’s conclusion, Rescue team negotiated the unconditional release of all mission critical hostages, and a large fee. The Jolly Rogers and the rescue team exchanged business cards, and parted on favorable terms.
12. Using intelligence gathered from the stolen pirate vessels, rescue team navigated the Omaha through the Labyrinth and back to headquarters on Alabaster I safely and without incident. They arrived on day 174. This report was filed the following day.
1. Danielle got herself captured by the enemy. This was a very compromising position. To prevent similar incidents in the future, we are instituting a “buddy system” best practice in the field. No associate should allow themselves to drink alone. Another associate should drink with them.
2. Kevin’s sniper support was underutilized during the main operation. In his words “;’(” .
3. Have you ever tried sailing a full-size freighter through a minefield?
Met People Of Interest:
The Jolly Rogers
+4 spare time points
ADDENDUM: ANALYST REPORT:
…I find the tales of our associates’ exploits increasingly improbable.
How did they sail a ordinarily armored full-sized freighter through a minefield without incident?
How did they perform well enough to impress the Jolly Rogers? Do they expect us to believe they really went from hostile intent toward them to performing alongside them?
And then there are these new rumors I’m starting to pick up about Bradley, which say he boards ships alone, kills armies, and destroys parking garages for fun.
Well, I suppose I have heard stranger truths.
Maybe it’s time to give our improbably capable associates assignments more worthy of their talents. I’m advising upgrading their security clearance.
- REDACTED (Corporate Analyst)
ADDENDUM: INTERCEPTED COMMS: